Thursday, November 15, 2007

A note from China

This morning I received an email from another family who is adopting their daughter from the same orphanage that Jeremy is at. She and her husband met Jeremy yesterday and were able to give him our package. Here is her note to me:

We spent yesterday at the SWI and saw and met Jeremy...he is amazing. He is so proud (in the good sense of that word) and confident. He has a wonderful personality and nothing is going to stand in his way. We took many pictures of him and when I get back home I will send them all to you. The neat thing is that we spent the night in Yueyang to tour the island there on Dongting Lake. On our way out of the city, we passed the orphanage again and Charis wanted to stop by one more time to say goodbye. We went in unexpectedly and the kids were still home for lunch. What fun! WE got more video and many more pictures...Jeremy so wanted to see the video we were taking. We told him we would copy it and send it to his mama and baba. What a son you are getting. He is worth every second of the wait.

This was such an encouragement to my heart. The adversary has been working overtime to bring my heart down with worry, doubts, illness and lack of finances. Our God is bigger than the adversary and stronger by far. I knew from the moment I read Jeremy's first write up in his original file that he was going to be a strong, determined child - one that I would be honored to call my son. Oh, how my heart wants that LOA (letter of acceptance)! We are on day 73 of the wait and certainly hoped to help bring down the waiting averages with an early arrival. I still remember with our first adoption back in 2004, an acronym was made TCIGT - which means "to China in God's time" - how very true. I have never been one to be credited with the virtue of patience, however!

Blessings and good night!
Mary

No comments: